Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bridge That Connects Buan and Gunsan

We visited a friend that we met when we traveled to Canada and he treated us for lunch. After lunch, he took us to Saemangeum Seawall or Saemangeum Jeonsigwan in Korean, the bridge that connects Buan and Gunsan. I remember that I've been in this place a few years ago so I checked my website and found it here. That was the time when they were still building the bridge. It was in 2007 when we last visited it and it's totally different now. I thought they couldn't finish it because lots of the residence near the bridge were against it. At that time, there were lots of boats stocked each sides because they couldn't go to the other side of the sea. I heard that was one of the reasons why most fishermen were against it.

Anyway, here's what it looks like now. And compare it here if you wonder what it looks like during the construction.



The sight view.



The fishing area where there are few people fishing.



And the bridge.



No comments: