Saturday, May 1, 2010

Incheon International Airport

I miss traveling so I always miss going to the Incheon International Airport. When I go there, I like walking around and see the beauty of the Korean International Airport. It's large and beautiful. There are lots of fun things to see. Everytime I go there, I always see different kinds of events. So, I always want to go there much earlier than my flight so that I can visit the area or the airport.

You know that you're near the airport when you see this bridge. Yes, it is a bridge that is made in the sea. Wonderful, isn't?


Here's one of the events, where you can experience one of the Korean Traditional Culture. You can play the Pogurak.

Pogurak is a dance game where dancers separate into different sides and toss balls into a hole. Dancers would separate into different sides, and sing and dance. While singing and dancing, they would toss balls into a hole. Those who toss the ball into the hole receive flowers as prize and those who miss have ink drawn on their face. Pogurak was introduced during the era of King Munjong of the Goryeo Dynasty. Pogurak was one of the most popular games played during the Goryeo and Joseon Dynasties.


There are also playgrounds inside the airport so you don't have to worry if you have a kid with you and need to wait for your boarding time. Your kids can have fun playing here.


Like many other airports, there are also escalators to use when you are tired walking or carrying heavy loads.


No comments: