Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Early Bird Korean Mother In Law

Korean mother-in-laws get up so early. It's the reason why we can't live with my mother in law because she gets up too early but me and my hubby sleep late. My mother in law is an early bird but we are night owls. Last night, my mother in law sent me a text at 2:00 a.m. She asked if we were still awake so I called her. She said she has just got up but we were still awake. She was telling us to sleep early but we can't. It's not easy to sleep early when we always get up late. We get up so late so we also sleep late. But my mother in law sleep so early that's why she gets up early. She sleeps around 9:00p.m. and gets up around 3:00-5:00 a.m. In our case, we usually sleep around 5:00 a.m. and get up at noon and sometimes 2:00 p.m.

Most mother in laws are like my mother in law. They sleep early and get up so early. I heard from my students who live with their grandparents said the same thing. Some of them even complain because they can't make any noise at night. Also, they are force to sleep early because of their sleeping grandparents. They also complain that their grandparents wake up so early and clean the house so they make noise in the morning. I understand how they feel because when we sleep in my mother in law's house she makes noise so my hubby hugs me and covers my ears in order not to hear her noises. I could hear her cooking, cleaning the house and doing the dishes.

Korean mother-in-laws are early birds so if you're living with them, you will be forced to get up early, too because there are mother-in-laws who want their daughter-in-laws to get up early so that they can help them with the household chores.

No comments: