Monday, September 15, 2008

Korean Thanksgiving Day

I'm not at work because it's holiday today. I've just come back from my parents in law's house because of "Chuseok" (Thanksgiving Day). Chuseok is always a 3-days holiday but too bad because this year, it happened to be on Saturday- Monday. That's why I hate this year calendar.

Most "myonori" (daughter in laws) don't like this occasion because it's too tiring to prepare the Thanksgiving Day Food and wash lots of dirty dishes. But I always wait for this kind of occasion not only because I received presents but also it's the right time to help my in laws and spend a lot of time with them.

Every Thanksgiving Day, we always wear "Hanbok" (Korean traditional dress) even when we are cooking, preparing food or washing the dishes. Everyone wears the traditional clothes including kids specially when we perform a memorial service for the ancestors. I don't know to others but in my in law's house, that's a rule! Nobody complained although it was too hot yesterday and very uncomfortable.

Here's the hanbok that I wore yesterday. (click pictures to enlarge)



And here's my hubby's hanbok. He didn't wear the last picture because it was too hot. (click pictures to enlarge)

1 comment:

Hailey's Beats and Bits said...

why cant i see or view the pics? seem broken.