Sunday, May 2, 2010

Children's Day in Korea

Every 5th day of May, Koreans celebrate Children's Day. It is red in the calendar so it's a holiday. Children expect a lot on this day. Most of them go out and have some fun with their parents. They also receive special presents from them.

It's not only parents prepare something for them. Teachers in schools and private institutes also prepare and do something special for them. I also prepare something for my students tomorrow. It's not much but I'm sure they can appreciate whatever they receive. I bought these pencils and erasers yesterday.

I think they are cute. Don't you think so? I will also make some sandwiches on Tuesday.

Because it's a holiday, schools and institutes hold parties before this day, May 4th. They let the students enjoy their special day. This year, they will hold their school Sports Day.
Do you also celebrate Children's Day in your country? How do you celebrate it?

No comments: