Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday in Korea

It's my hubby's birthday so I bought a cake and cooked Myokgu (seeweeds soup) in the morning. In Korea, birthday celebrants have to eat myokgu. They say because they now grew one year older. Myokgu is also the food that a mom who has just delivered a baby has to eat. I don't know what to buy for him so I just gave him cash and told him to buy a new game CD for his xbox. Besides from the money, I also inserted a letter in an envelope. My hubby gave me back the money. He told me to use them for my allowance. Then we dined out together. That was supposed to be his treat but because he gave back the money so I paid in the restaurant and bought him a small gift.

When I was buying a cake, the saleslady asked how many candles did I need. Then I started to count my hubby's age. Gosh, I can't imagine that he's now in that age. Specially here in Korea that we have to add one more age because you started to count even when you are still in your mom's womb. So if you are 30 years old now, then you are 31 here in Korea.

1 comment: